My project may have been over ambitious. But I thought there were going to
be some
improvements in 5.1.20+ that would allow for larger TW files. I currently
have a TW file
with about 36,000 short dictionary definitions. Each tiddler consists only
of a title
and a field, EN, with usually only 3 or four words in it. The overall size
is only 10 megs.

Overall, the performance is impracticably slow. Ten seconds to open a
tiddler. 20 seconds or more
to do a simple search box search. As much as 25 seconds or more to close
out tiddlers that
need to render a custom search. In most cases, you have to type blind
because the
keystroke refresh is also incredibly slow.

I'm wondering if the performance improvements actually made it into the
core, or if
my expectations were too high. Actually, the performance noticeably declined
after the first 12,000 entries.

At the moment it seems like I need to start over, using a data dictionary
instead of
tiddlers for storage.

Firefox, Windows 7, TW 5.1.21

Thanks!