It's slow even if non-searching tiddlers are all that is rendered.
It's slow with only 6 other tabs open.
It's slow even if FF has just been opened.
It's slow even though instrumentation is off.
It's slow even if doing a single-field match.

It's not just searching that's slow. EVERYTHING you type is slow. You sit
there waiting ten to 20 seconds for your last
typed entries to appear.

It could be that it's the number of tiddlers rather than the gross size of
the TW that matters. In which case I suppose
I could do some crazy design where a single tiddler contains all the words
that start with "a", etc. But this makes
reverse lookups harder.

Thanks!