Mark,

Perhaps if you can't share your wiki publicly perhaps you can privately to a
few of us. With privacy assured.

There would be value in looking into browser memory like I suggest in a
previous reply.

I find timimi is the quickest but I do use Windows 10 64bit with 16gb of ram.
And since 90% of my work is in a browser now, usually in a tiddlywiki, I have
lifted the ram that Firefox and chrome can make use of.

I knew of Jeremy's large wiki so thus speculated on other issues.

Can you try another computer/os or version to see how persistent the issue is.

Regards
Tony