> A better way moving forward might be to collaborate
> with BidiX/SaqImtiaz and get some of the enhancements/bugfixes
> incorporated into WebDAVSavingPlugin, and separate the LimeBits
> specific portions into a different plugin.

That would be excellent!

> It would be interesting to know what the experience has been
> when a TW plugin depended on another plugin.

Most of the time plugins are released as individual tiddlers, using
dependency checking as described here:
      http://tiddlywiki.org/wiki/Dev:Best_Practices#Dependency_Handling

However, I can of course see the desire to keep it all in a single tiddler.
If you like, we could set you up with a Subversion account and
contributor's directory on  TiddyWiki.org. That way you could host the
LimeBits-specific functionality in a dedicated JavaScript file there
while releasing the full plugin to end users as a single tiddler:
      $ cat WebDAVSavingPlugin.js LimeBitsConfig.js > LimeBitsPlugin.js

-- F.