> I personally don't much like the separate "PluginInfo" tiddler

Originally, each of my plugins contained both the documentation and
the code in a single tiddler.  While this provides a good *initial*
learning experience for the user, the documentation isn't actually
necessary in order to use the plugin.  In some instances, the
documentation is nearly as large or even *larger* than the plugin code
itself.  If several plugins are installed in a document, the resulting
wasted extra overhead for the documentation can really add up quickly!

To address this, some people would edit the plugins they installed,
and strip out all the documentation and keep just the functional code
section.  However, this has a huge potential to introduce errors while
hand-editing the plugin content and also prevents easy upgrading of
plugins without hand-editing each time.  In addition, it removes the
credits/backlinks that point to the official distribution of the
plugin and, if the document is shared with even one other person, it
then re-distributes the stripped-down, uncredited plugins to others.

In order to discourage these kinds of changes to plugin content as
well as address the practical concerns regarding the overhead used by
plugin documentation, I started to split the larger plugins into two
pieces: the primary SomeNamePlugin, and the associated
SomeNamePluginInfo.  This allows people to import both a plugin
tiddler that still has a small amount of non-code information (i.e.,
the credits/backlinks, revision summary, etc.) as well as a
documentation tiddler with all the remaining non-code 'instructional'
content.  Once they have read and understood the instructional
content, they can easily discard the Info tiddler(s) and avoids the
overhead from having the primary documentation stored in each and
every document.

-e