I've had a good at a first version of guidelines
The idea of this text is that it would be linked to or part of
https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki/blob/master/README
Please help me finalise this so we can do a better job of helping
developers contribute to the TiddlyWiki project.

########################################################################################
"Pull requests for feature requests/bug fixes are being accepted for
this project.

Note pull requests will only be accepted into the core if accompanied
by tests. Also there are certain situations where a pull request may
need further discussion or be delayed before actioned. These include
* impacts on backwards compatibility
* impacts on existing tests (all unit tests should pass after a merge)
* provides new functionality that is too specific to a certain type of
TiddlyWiki user
* code results in a visible change to the appearance of TiddlyWiki
* creates discussion around the naming of certain parameters
* the TiddlyWiki code is being stabilised in time for a new release
and is not accepting new features

If no tests existed for the given functionality previously, please
include these in your contribution to ensure that the TiddlyWiki code
base is as reliable as possible going forward. Any pull requests
without tests will not be folded into the core codebase. If you are
unable to write tests yourself, someone will need to write them on
your behalf. This could be another github user or one of the
TiddlyWiki repository owners.

Tests are written in qunit (http://docs.jquery.com/Qunit)
It is the job of all TiddlyWiki contributors to help with providing
guidance if needed on writing tests. Please send your pull request
without tests and discussion should happen.

Existing tests can be found in the directory
https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki/tree/master/test/js