I've made a start of getting this recorded on:
https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki/wiki

I stole a few bits from node's github page, existing page on trac
(regarding translations) and folded in suggestions from pmario

I'm not sure what the access rights are on the wiki, but if you are
able to edit please just do so.
If not please suggest improvements to text here and I'll try to get
them up to date.

I haven't yet linked to it from the readme file but that would be the
logical next step when/if we are happy with what I have written.