@Jeremy,

I don't want to bother you too much with this, I've just put something
together that works here:

http://tw5fullscreen.tiddlyspot.com

it prevents the F11 key's default event so that we're able to detect the
key again when in fullscreen mode, then requests fullscreen and toggles the
class. another eventlistener listens for fullscreenchange events and
toggles the class

what I need to know for testing and  preparing a pull request if this is
reliable is where to put this, would a separate startup module be correct?

thank you,
Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/c991f23b-7e73-4dba-9309-d3eac3eb3396%40googlegroups.com.