On Friday, September 25, 2020 at 12:00:22 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> To clarify my last point about TWO configs, nasty & irritating as the idea
> is :-(...
>
> I think it very LIKELY that PMario's Custom Markup system will be,
> eventually, widely used by AUTEURS (originating author geeks).

I did have an idea, this morning. .. You know the time, where you are not
sleeping anymore, but also not awake. ... I was thinking about a
possibility to completely customize _every_ possible widget, that has a
visual representation.

It really bothered me, that the following fails, if you change the text.

\customize degree=☐ _element="$macrocall" $name="xx"

\define xx(src)
<$checkbox tiddler=<<__src__>> tag=done class="db"> <<__src__>></$checkbox>
\end

°☐ This is a Test
°☐ This is a test 1

Tony wanted the possibility to add more key=value _params. .. And I think
it should be possible, in the _params section and calling it. eg:

°☐:a This is a Test
°☐:b This is a test 1   .... or something similar

Where "a" and "b" can be unique identifiers, that makes it possible to
change the "This is a test" text, without loosing the state. It will also
make it possible to use "system states", without the need for the user to
type $:/state/xx, because they only need to type the "xx".

> I am NOT convinced that a TW that uses that brilliant system should expose
> it to every user. I think it would be a support issue of scale to do so.

You are right, but IMO it is a similar idea as Jeremy proposed at github:
Implement
wikitext shortcuts as macros
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3883>.

have fun!