Mario,

I don't think very specific id's are a problem if the result is of
substantial utility.

I have a larger concern about the symbols which have a wider applicability,
because I think they need to be given a default purpose, kind of defacto
standard for each of them, to encourage some consistency.

Without some suggested uses for each and a suitable default state even an
individual may have a problem re-reading their mark-up later. We create
some rules but you can always break them.

Defacto standards are just a suggestion, but deciding before deployment
some common suggestions, will help the community build a language.

Perhaps the suggestion may be (brainstorm follows)

   - One for inline classes and formatting CSS
   - One for block classes and formatting CSS
   - One for html entities
   - One for widgets
   - One for transcluding content
   - one for list outputs (multiple items)
   - One for checkboxes

Questions?

   - What major areas of possible application can you think of?
   - Perhaps knowing the above could help us choose the characters to use?

For example >> for lists? or blocks

I have not yet attempted any inline uses, Do you have a working example yet?

Regards
Tony