> @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

1 - does the end user need to see what the author used? My guess is that
> they *don't.*
> I mean we are doing this to make WRITING easier. But most READERS won't be
> writers so will never need to see the markup glyphs.
>

> PMario wrote:
> You are right, but 1 of my main goals for this project is to have the
> prose text as readable as possible.

SINCE Gruber a lot has changed. What is readable for him, then was likely
NOT this ...

°X.fred-opens-angel Fred opens the Guillemet with a degree.

Is THAT "readable"? I would say it IS readable for the AUTHOR.

I am using your tool for inserting text via CSS like this (each class uses
"::before" to insert the text)...

°A.a-lonyb
°P.p-3
°A.o-ls-l

I can read that. It is MY shorthand. Very compact. I fully understand it.
But it is NOT Gruber's concept of Markdown "readability".

The POINT? "Readability" is actually CONTEXT dependent.

I'll give a bigger example later.

Your tool actually allows shorthand easily.

It gets over some of the practical (& ideological, circa 2004) limitations
of existing wiki markup methods.

Best wishes
TT