On Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 1:33:40 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

Quick point. In my USE CASE I'm interested in using CSS classes AS the
> "code" / shorthand (actual end-user text is inserted via CSS *::before *)
> . The user would see NO comprehensible text at all if they opened a Tiddler
> in edit mode ... They would see stuff like this ...
>
> °.x-4x
> °A.standard-back
>
> etc ...

OK. ... That's interesting.

> My point in my OP was to open-up what "readable" means. My "shorthand" is
> totally readable to me. It produces (in render) ...
>
> On all fours. First attend your back. Can you form a mental image of where
> it is in space?
>
> I don't think that approach is like Gruber Markdown at all. But the
> concepts Gruber initiated have had enormous shaping influence on how we
> think about markup. Especially in wikis.

It's true, readability is different for every user. ... My intention is, to
allow "styling" markup like .x-4x directly after the ID like: °.x-4x  but
if the user chooses to make the wikitext more "verbose" they can move the
"cryptic" elements into the _params parameter and define a wikitext like
so: °this-and-that-should-happen ...

For me it's important that both variants work.

So when PMario talks about "readability" I want to push it :-) I think what
> he means is text in *"Gruber mode"*. I.e. part of normal language use
> with markup symbols that compliment that.

That's right, as written above.

> But PMario's tool actually opens up totally what "readability" could be.
> When you start thinking this through it gets liberating.

Yes. That's the intention.

> TBH Tony, I don't think it is a programming syntax per se (in my use case
> it is just standard CSS, there is NO programmatic logic. Its simple text
> SUBSTITUTION).
>

> The easiest was I could describe it is "*Private Shorthand Supporting
> Public Messaging*".

That's 1 usecase and it has been the initial one :)

> It is provision of an efficient method for supporting AUTHOR writing
> methods. Full stop.

yes .. over and out (for this post) q;-)

-mario