Mario,

I think it would be useful to include such "compound customisations" with
the plugin or at lest on the plugins website. Although perhaps it could be
an optional item that requires tagging.

Having used html tables within wikitext for so long, I find it easier to
follow a html table format, and simple closures, as follows;

\customize tick=table _element=table _endString="/table" _mode=block
\customize tick=caption _element=caption

\customize tick=th _element=th

\customize tick=td _element=td _classes=".hl"  _mode=block

\customize tick="tr" _element=tr _mode=block _endString="/tr"

´table ´caption Some caption text
´tr
´th header 1
´th header 2
´th header 3
/tr

´tr
´td 1 text
´td 12 text «  and  »
´td
* cell 13 text
* line 2
* line 3
/tr

´tr
´td 2 text
´td 22 text
´td 23 text
/tr
/table

However if we are considering distributing or documenting "compound
customisations" I would be tempted to extend my table to to include a lot
more such and head/foot/body, a list widget for both rows and columns, as I
would do this for myself anyway.

Perhaps your table responding to classic tiddlywiki tables AND one
responding to html tables included would make sense?

Tony