Mario,

Go how you want, but my understanding comes from the more "modern use"
noted later in the Wikipedia entry, truthfully a leading one may confuse me
ans many others given this;

*The pilcrow is used in desktop publishing software
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_publishing_software> such as
> desktop word processors
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_processor> and page layout
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_layout> programs to mark the presence
> of a carriage return
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carriage_return> control character
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_character> at the end of a
> paragraph. It is also used as the icon
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icon_(computing)> on a toolbar
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolbar> button that shows or hides the
> pilcrow and similar hidden characters, including tabs
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tab_key>, whitespace
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_(computer_science)>, and page
> breaks <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_break>. In typing
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typing> programs, it marks a return that one
> must type.*

I have being keen to make a preview that acts as the aforementioned toolbar
button would.

You are right to *"produce html output that is well formed", *I will return
to reviewing the html my tests generate. I not you have many of my prior
examples in test tiddlers, thanks its a helpful reference.

Tony