On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 1:17:11 AM UTC+1, TonyM wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> The attached local view template demonstrates the use of additional code
> in a specific tiddler.
>
>    - In this case of you add the field local-viewtemplate to any tiddler
>    in the edit view and a new editable field appears. This will be applied
>    through the view template.
>    - Please try it, it is immensely useful for research and
>    experimentation on view Template code.
>
> Hi Tony,
*I got it working*, but I think I'm the wrong person here. The problem I
have with that approach is: I don't understand it.

I can't see the usecase, because my philosophy is completely different in
this regard.

------------

For me only 1 multiline field exists: The text field. The tiddler is the
smallest element in TW.

If I need "combined multiline content" I think there should be different
stories. IMO the Streams concept
<https://saqimtiaz.github.io/sq-tw/streams.html> is the way to go. In TW
5.1.23 there will be some (invisible) elements, that will make working with
"combined tiddlers" and multiple stories easier.

As soon as I need a multiline field I think it is much easier to go the
multi-tiddler / multi-story way as shown in the video from 9:30 to 10:30
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaevaODdKyA&feature=youtu.be&t=569>
TW 5.1.23 will contain some elements, that will make this approach easier.
... BUT there is still more work to do. There are some open PRs and
discussions at GitHub.

-mario