I personally find IDE's more of a struggle than command line tools.
Plus, switching to a new IDE would be a lot more trouble than simply
converting and fixing the existing DSP files.  Additionally, we'd still
have to use Visual C as the underlying compiler.  It's not that building
TigerVNC from the command line is a bad thing.  It just needs to be a
straightforward process and require as few additional installs as possible.

We like the build environment on Unix.  We're just trying to find the
path of least resistance to get a reasonable build environment for the
Windows code that doesn't require using a Linux system to build it.