On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 03:00:26AM -0500, DRC wrote:
> On 9/9/10 2:11 AM, Martin Koegler wrote:
> Yes, here is what is added to my config.h:
>

> /* Is gnutls_set_global_errno present */
> /* #undef gnutls_transport_set_global_errno */(A)
>

> so that is indeed the problem, but the configure test is definitely not
> detecting the presence of gnutls_transport_set_global_errno(), so I
> don't know why it adds this.  Perhaps yet another backward
> incompatibility within autotools?

Autoconf allows adding a argument list to a Macro defined by AC_DEFINE:

|  -- Macro: AC_DEFINE (VARIABLE, VALUE, [DESCRIPTION])
|  -- Macro: AC_DEFINE (VARIABLE)
|      Define VARIABLE to VALUE (verbatim), by defining a C preprocessor
|      macro for VARIABLE.  VARIABLE should be a C identifier, optionally
|      suffixed by a parenthesized argument list to define a C
|      preprocessor macro with arguments.  The macro argument list, if
|      present, should be a comma-separated list of C identifiers,
|      possibly terminated by an ellipsis `...' if C99 syntax is employed.
|      VARIABLE should not contain comments, white space, trigraphs,
|      backslash-newlines, universal character names, or non-ASCII
|      characters.

My autoconf puts in config.h.in:

/* Is gnutls_set_global_errno present */
#undef gnutls_transport_set_global_errno

So the syntax error is a autotools problem related to AC_DEFINE and argument.

A seperate question is, if your gnutls includes this function:
grep -r gnutls_transport_set_global_errno /usr/include/gnutls/

Regards,
Martin Kögler