Javier Herrero wrote:
Hi,

Why not use a more conventional approach using a good thermistor and a PWM IC? I built some in the past with Peltiers and an LM3524 for cooling a photomultiplier in a nitrogen oxyde analyzer, and the result was quite good. I also used the same approach (but not with Peltier) for heating. Of course, the frequency stability was not time-nuts grade... not even near :)

NTCs like the YSI 44031 have very good repeatabilty, and the resistance vs. temperature curve is quite steep, so you really don't need too stringent voltage stability needs.

or for more precision/linearity what about a platinum resistance thermometer (PRT)...