On 09/01/11 18:44, cdel...@juno.com wrote:
This link shows the light from a rubidium spectral lamp.

Its appearance is quite similar to the rubidium lamps used in various
rubidium standards.

There can be a slight bluish cast also, especially at low temperatures as
the lamp warms up.

I'm not familiar with the R&S but depending on the design there may not
be any channel to view the lamps discharge!

Now I know where to look when the device is disassembled. It is not possible to see when assembled.

http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/Osram%20Spectral%20Rb.htm

This is the colour I have. Notice that it is a Rubidium/Xeon mixture.

I have now adjusted the OCXO and the loop pulled in every adjustment nicely, so the loop is safely closed. Only C-field adjustments and ADEV measurements remains. :)

Thanks for everyone contributing! :)