FWIW, I'm running an Atom D510 motherboard with an 8 port serial card. I'm using Windows 7 and VNC for remote access (the machine runs headless). I am regularly running LH v3 beta, TimeLab (reading PPS data from a TIC), TAC32, and GPSCon each on its own serial port simultaneously without any problems. I normally only have two of the apps maximized, but don't see any significant lags.

The only problem I've had was the dreaded Microsoft serial-mouse-on-bootup issue. If you think it's fun watching one phantom mouse scribbling on your screen, wait until you try it with four! (BTW -- apparently, under Win7 the old switch to turn of serial mouse detection no longer works; all you can do is go into the control panel mouse settings and disable each phantom serial mouse separately.)

John
----
John Miles said the following on 02/22/2012 06:09 PM:
Are you running the v3 beta?  I normally run the program 24/7 on a 300 MHz
laptop here, acting as both a server for two Thunderbolts and a client.
There were some improvements to CPU utilization in the current beta, and its
UI response should be essentially instantaneous.

-- john

-----Original Message-----
From: time-nuts-boun...@febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-
boun...@febo.com] On Behalf Of Achim Vollhardt
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:26 PM
To: time-nuts@febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] Lady Heather on low power CPU/Linux?

Fellow Time-Nuts,
I am trying to run LH on an Alix 3D3 single-board PC:

http://www.pcengines.ch/alix3d3.htm

Being only a 500 MHz Geode CPU, there is not much power to work with.
Still, running Debian Linux with Wine allowed me to make LH work..

BUT: A single second tick takes about 3-4 seconds to show up.. needless
to say that LH never catches up again and user interaction is painful at
best.

I tried the /tw=50 setting for less CPU usage with little effect. Is
there anything else I can do?

Strictly speaking, I would only need the active temperature control, I
could spare all the other features..

Any comments out there?

Regards,
Achim