On 03/07/2012 07:22 PM, saidj...@aol.com wrote:
Sorry for my language, I was quite upset when I read his letter.

If it really was trivial and very low cost to upgrade GPS receivers, then
he should not worry too much about loosing much revenue. This sounds more
like  he made major investments in either Lightsquared itself, or into
designing and  qualifying compatible receivers, and hoping for a major payday
which
is not  coming.

There should be other solutions for LS such as allocating to a  different sp
ectrum etc to not lose "a $14 billon investment".

Also his claims that GPS receivers will soon be obsolete anyway's are
clearly not true of course.

This reminds me about the futile episode of Edison electrocuting  Elephants
to prove his DC power grid to be superior to AC...

I think it is interesting that he goes out to such length to alienate himself from the rest of the industry, but then he acts like a bad looser for loosing out on business he was speculating on getting money from.

Then again, if he would supply us all with full-capable receivers at the cost of L2, then maybe it would just be worth it.

Ah well. Should we stop kicking this dog, it is already lying there half-dead anyway.