All gone .. I got one. I'm happy for $26 but the thing was pretty badly treated in its life and the seal did not look well. If yours is as knocked around I'd suggest pulling it apart and use a bit of sealer (RTV etc)
Now to come up with a mount, they are more rare and usually go for more then the antennas -pete On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Jerry Mulchin <[email protected]> wrote: > Here is the antenna I purchased from Ebay (China). This is a Lucent 40dB > timing antenna that should work > for any GPS receiver. Mine took about 2 weeks to get here and there were no > problems getting it. This unit > is currently available for 'buy it now" at $28 dollars. > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/lucent-GPS-Timing-Reference-Antenna-antenne-40db-N-/230771298518?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bb0a90d6 > > Jerry Mulchin > > At 03:28 PM 4/2/2012, you wrote: >>Bill-- >> >>The Thunderbolt wants a higher gain antenna than most standard GPS receivers. >> I tried standard Garmin active antennas, and while they worked (I have a >>good view of the sky), signal levels could be better. >> >>Best match probably is something like the HP/Symmetricom 58532A antenna, >>which has gain > 30dB -- most "active" GPS antennas are in the 24 - 26 dB >>range. >> >>They're not cheap, but they'll do the job. >> >>If you have much distance to cover, feed line is of course important as well >>-- 9913, LMR 400, good quality RG6, something with low loss at 1.5 GHz. >> >>I'm using a 58532A feeding a Symmetricom 58535A active GPS splitter to run a >>Thunderbolt and a Datum Tymserve 2100. Feedline is 9913 to the splitter, and >>short LMR 195 SMA cables from there. (Yes you can find F to SMA adapters, on >>eBay, even though many will shudder at the concept...) >> >>73 Bob K6RTM >> >> >> >>On Apr 2, 2012, at 15:01, [email protected] wrote: >> >>> ------------------------------ >>> >>> Message: 4 >>> Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 17:39:40 -0400 >>> From: "Bill Riches" <[email protected]> >>> To: "'Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement'" >>> <[email protected]> >>> Subject: [time-nuts] Antenna for t-bolt >>> Message-ID: <01ac01cd1119$1c699af0$553cd0d0$@[email protected]> >>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" >>> >>> Hi guys, >>> >>> I have asked this question several times over the past few weeks and get no >>> answer. Have I been ostracized??!! >>> >>> Question is that I am looking for suggestions for GPS antenna for t-bolt. >>> The antenna that I am using now is a no name and I not know where it came >>> from! Wonder if a Garman GA-30 will work? >>> >>> 73, >>> >>> Bill, WA2DVU >>> Cape May, NJ >> >>_______________________________________________ >>time-nuts mailing list -- [email protected] >>To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts >>and follow the instructions there. > > > Jerry Mulchin > > > > _______________________________________________ > time-nuts mailing list -- [email protected] > To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts > and follow the instructions there. _______________________________________________ time-nuts mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts and follow the instructions there.
