Hal Murray wrote:
albertson.ch...@gmail.com said:
  The Heliax will only do good if the length of the run is long.
I don't understand that.  What does the type of antenna have to do with the
length of the run?

Do Heliax antennas have a couple of dB gain over other antennas?  I can fix
attenuation in coax with an amplifier.  So the more interesting question is
probably something like:  Do Heliax antennas have better signal/noise ratio
than other antennas?

Heliax is a type/brand of coax not an antenna.

Another good use of excess funds is to improve the ground system.  Do you
have a #8 wire going from the mast to a ground rod using the most direct
route and is this rod tied to the building ground system?
Is that part of the antenna, or just lightning protection?

Bruce