On 10/02/14 16:59, Ed Palmer wrote:
Hi Jim,

This behaviour reinforces my thought that there's something physically
wrong inside the unit.  I'd be tapping it with the plastic handle of my
screwdriver while I rotated it to see if it would lose lock.

Think of it this way:  Do you want to fix it now or have it fail again
in a few months when you're using it for something important?

I'm with Ed here. Keep working out the systematics of this beast, because you want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Also, it's now that you learn, you can then run it for 10 years without learning much more.