> SDRs sample at high rates. The slowest the USRP N2x0 can sample is just under
> 200Ksps.

Hi Kevin,

I don't have an easy answer for you. BobC / BruceG / MagnusD / JohnM / EnricoR
can shed light on this. But I support your effort to figure out how to obtain
real truth from a massive oversampled data set.

If you feel uneasy that ADEV statistics might lie, see:
http://leapsecond.com/pages/adev-avg/

ADEV is always a tricky, since the measurement bandwidth is not always
specified, or how that bandwidth is implemented. Both the front-end h/w design
and any embedded s/w manipulation of raw data will distort (bias) the
statistics. Distortion itself is not a show-stopper, as long as you can
properly model it and back it out. But it seems the challenge is knowing how
valid the model is, and if model itself depends on the noise type.

/tvb