If you are working "real" EME where you, and not a computer plus lookup table, are coping the signals, none of these precise timing issues exist.

Wes  N7WS

On 10/5/2016 6:18 AM, Peter Torry via time-nuts wrote:
I must admit to being rather puzzled at the sub microsecond timing requirement as I use ntp to set the W7 clock in my computer and have not had any issues. In fact less than one second is OK for the usual two minute periods that are required to allow for the Faraday rotation. Although I use a GPSDO for a frequency reference I find JT software reasonably tolerant of frequency. As I may be missing something I would welcome observations on how important the period timing requirement is, you never know I might get more contacts.

Regards

Peter