metcal has a "hot twizer " to remove SMD components it heats the component on both end

73

Alex

On 11/5/2016 12:55 PM, Hal Murray wrote:
t...@leapsecond.com said:
Having not done SMT before, how should I do it with minimal risk to the
very precious PCB. Or, what equipment should I use this as a good excuse
to buy?
If you can get at it, 2 soldering irons, one on each end, works reasonably
well.  When both ends are melted, just push the part out of the way.
Small/light things like 0805 resistors will frequently stick to one of the
tops by surface tension of the liquid solder.