On 10/9/17 9:58 AM, David Witten wrote:
Jim,

If I understand what you are attempting (I may well not), you might
consider the approach taken here:

https://github.com/tejeez/rtl_coherent

that is where you have a common clock distributed to the RTLs
"A single 28.8 MHz reference clock is distributed to all dongles. "

What I want to do is have the dongles completely independent running with their own computer off a battery. Capture the data to a SDcard and then post process it to do the interferometry

And do this with a self contained calibration approach (i.e. not depend on there being a convenient radio station which has a signal in band, etc.)