Tom,

Hook the 53132A calibrator that I sent you and check one of the calibrator
outputs for signal goodness.  It uses the sine-square circuit in the LPRO-101
manual (input cap connected to center of a 39K/39K voltage divider connected to
a 74HC gate (74AC gates have some advantages and disadvantages here).    It's
the simplest excellent bang-for-the buck squarer (three passives and a single
CMOS gate).   You can use single-gate chips.

I'm using the same circuit on the LPFRS/LPRO/OCXO interface board.  I'm also
pondering doing a small board with a sine/square wave input,  square wave
output, PICDIV, PICPET, and a 10 MHz square to sine filter.

Attached is the xDEV plot of the calibrator (using TAPR-TICC, TADD2-mini, 5071A
reference).