Hi Bill,

Thanks for the note!

I leave the Trimble Thunderbolt powered up all the time because since the last rollover in April it takes a long time to find the satellites and it doesn't give 10 MHz output until it has found the satellites for the first time, so none of my gear that is fed by it works until it has achieved satellite lock at least once after being powered up.  After that it will give (undisciplined) 10 MHz output when it loses satellites.  I don't know if that lack of initial output is normal or not, because before the last rollover it would find the satellites quickly, before I had the rest of the station ready to go so I never noticed.

The Thunderbolt had been up and running continuously, stuck in the power-up mode for well more that a week without progressing to normal mode when I decided today to power it down and restart it to see if it would then advance from power-up to normal mode.  It has been more than 4 hours since I restarted it earlier today and it still is in power-up mode.

You are right that the DAC is consistently 0.  PPS error jumps around between -50 and +50 ns.  OSC error is consistently in the range of 543000 to 548000 ppt.  I don't understand why is says "Discipline OK" when it isn't disciplining, given the DAC voltage of zero and the large oscillator error.

All of this is a recent development.  The last time I took a screen grab of Lady Heather, last October, all looked well as you can see in the screen grab from last October:

http://w3sz.com/LadyHeatherScreen.PNG

I was hoping that I had recently accidentally set some setting incorrectly and that this would therefore be an easy fix.  I guess that is not the case :(

Thanks again Bill and

73,

Roger
W3SZ