Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> writes: > On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 08:29:42PM -0500, Nikolaus Rath wrote: > >> The server has 4 relevant network interfaces: >> >> eth0 - Internet >> eth1 - Internal network >> hbt - Tinc VPN >> vnet0 - Virtual hosts >> br0 - Bridge between eth1 and vnet0 >> >> The hbt, br0 (i.e., eth1 and vnet0) interfaces share a common >> 192.168.1.0/24 network. Proxy ARP is enabled for br0 and hbt. > > Just out of curiosity, why do you use proxy ARP in this case instead of adding > hbt to the bridge? I assume you are you using Mode = switch?
No, I am using Mode = router. I used the switch configuration in the past, but from the tinc docs I got the impression that proxy ARP + router is the preferred option if I do not need to tunnel broadcast or non-IP packets. Are you saying that adding hbt to the bridge, disabling proxy ARP and running with Mode = switch would be the better option for me? Then I'll do that. >> I am using tinc 1.0.16 on 3.0.0, 64bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on both server >> and client. >> >> The problem is that as soon as more than three tinc clients are >> accessing the NFS shares, any operations on the NFS mountpoints by the >> clients hang. On the clients, tinc then takes 100% CPU time. On the >> server, the tinc stance runs with about 20% load. When activating tinc >> debugging, tinc seems to be busy forwarding packets. I also ran a packet >> sniffer which showed me that 90% of the packets were NFS related, but I >> am not familiar enough with NFS to be able to tell anything from the >> packets themselves. > > Can you show me a few lines of the debug messages when it is busy > forwarding? Also, without full debugging enabled, when this happens, > run "tincd -n <netname> -kUSR2" on one of the clients using 100% CPU > and on the server, and send me the node, edge and subnet list that > tinc logged. This allows me to see if there could be a routing loop > within tinc or if there is another cause for this problem. > > Also please try out tinc 1.0.17 which has just been released, and > check whether it also runs into the same problem. Will do on Monday, thanks! Best, -Nikolaus -- »Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.« PGP fingerprint: 5B93 61F8 4EA2 E279 ABF6 02CF A9AD B7F8 AE4E 425C _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
