On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:46:27PM -0400, Nikolaus Rath wrote:

> >> The hbt, br0 (i.e., eth1 and vnet0) interfaces share a common
> >> 192.168.1.0/24 network. Proxy ARP is enabled for br0 and hbt.
> >
> > Just out of curiosity, why do you use proxy ARP in this case instead of 
> > adding
> > hbt to the bridge? I assume you are you using Mode = switch?
> 
> No, I am using Mode = router. I used the switch configuration in the
> past, but from the tinc docs I got the impression that proxy ARP +
> router is the preferred option if I do not need to tunnel broadcast or
> non-IP packets.

Well, if you don't need the broadcast packets and/or non-IP packets, and you do
not already have a bridge setup, then it is much easier to just set up proxy
ARP. But since you already have a bridge interface it would have been more easy
for you to add the VPN interface to it :)

> Are you saying that adding hbt to the bridge, disabling proxy ARP and
> running with Mode = switch would be the better option for me? Then I'll
> do that.

In theory it should not matter in your case. But you can try it out if you
want.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to