On 24 janv. 2013, at 11:04, Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> wrote: > On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:08:58AM +0100, Remy wrote: > >> I am having a working vpn with tinc in switch mode. >> But today one node running tinc on OSX (10.8.2) has stopped working, but I >> have no clue why this happens. >> I would appreciate any help on this issue. > [...] >> 2) tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep tap0 >> >> Jan 23 23:51:21 banafshe kernel[0]: tap0: attached with 1 suspended >> link-layer multicast membership(s) >> Jan 23 23:51:21 banafshe kernel[0]: tap0: failed to restore 1 suspended >> link-layer multicast membership(s) (err=102) >> Jan 23 23:51:21 banafshe kernel[0]: tuntap: Fixing address family for tap0 > > Hm, it looks like this is a bug in the tuntaposx driver, see: > > http://sourceforge.net/p/tuntaposx/bugs/14/
I had a look at this bug. But this one is about a problem with the dhcp client in osx. In my case, I am using a static setup as shown below >bash-3.2# cat tinc-up >#! /bin/sh >ifconfig $INTERFACE 10.136.0.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 Based on the bug report, I have tried to reset the interface using ipconfig as follows: >ipconfig set $INTERFACE none After this tinc segfaulted a few times. But this morning, I could restart tinc wthout a problem. Facit: Problem solved, but cause not explained. Regards Remy > > If you set the MAC address of the tap interface in the tinc-up script, make > sure the interface is down before you do that, bring it up afterwards. The > comments in the above bug report suggest restarting the DHCP client daemon > (after starting tinc), or you could try the experimental tuntaposx driver: > > http://sourceforge.net/p/tuntaposx/bugs/_discuss/thread/78f8f847/2665/attachment/tuntap_20120707-experimental.tar.gz > > Perhaps it is best to try the experimental tuntap driver, if that works we > should let Mattias Nissler know. > > -- > Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards, > Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> > _______________________________________________ > tinc mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
