Hello all,

Guus can you tell me if tinc uses openssl and AES algorithm ? (it is
realted to power consumption)

if yes some computers have a special hardware chip to make AES in
hardware, and might be the cause of power consumption ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES_instruction_set

try cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep aes

if there is the aes flag then you are doing probably aes in hardware
in openssl is compiled correctly to do this.
when you use this chip you might expect a bigger power consumption ?

read this paper, they do something else but they describe the SSL AES
stuff in detail
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~delaat/rp/2012-2013/p08/report.pdf

moreover reading this paper could help to make tinc faster :)

ciao,

Saverio

2013/4/23 Raul Dias <[email protected]>:
> hello tincers,
>
> when I on battery on my notebook, running powertop, I get
> nic:<tinc-net-name> as the most power consuption resource in my notebook
> just after the screen.
>
> This happens no matter if I have traffic or not.
>
> I am not really sure that if this is really a tinc fault or a tap/tun
> implementation that never sleeps.
>
> any advice?
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> tinc mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
>
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to