2013/4/24 Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> > On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:53:12PM -0300, Raul Dias wrote:> The battery > reports a discharge rate of 14.2 W > > System baseline power is estimated at 4.81 W > > > > Power est. Usage Device name > > 10.1 W 4.6% CPU use > > 3.00 W 0.0 pkts/s nic:swi > > 141 mW 14.9 ops/s GPU > > 100 mW 246.9 pkts/s Network interface: wlan0 (iwlwifi) > > 0 mW 100.0% Radio device: btusb > > 0 mW 100.0% Radio device: iwlwifi > > Hm. I don't think 3 Watts for a virtual device that does not exist at all > in > hardware is a trustworthy value. Especially if you have a usage of 0 > pkts/s. It > could be that PowerTop thinks that it is a real Ethernet device, and just > uses > a default power consumption for it. Note that real Ethernet devices use > quite a > lot of power even when they are not sending actual data.
I agree. I am wifi (100mW). I believe that powertop is probably measuring something else. the 14.2W is real, though. Interesting enough, if I enable vmware modules, the vmware network interface is higher too, not as much. That's why I think this might be kernel related. (ubuntu 12.10 with latest updates - i7v2 sandy bridge hw) -rsd
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
