On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:53:12PM -0300, Raul Dias wrote: > powertop 2.1 here. > but I bet this is the driver and not tinc, anyways.
Hm, I'll have to update my PowerTop then :)
> The battery reports a discharge rate of 14.2 W
> System baseline power is estimated at 4.81 W
>
> Power est. Usage Device name
> 10.1 W 4.6% CPU use
> 3.00 W 0.0 pkts/s nic:swi
> 141 mW 14.9 ops/s GPU
> 100 mW 246.9 pkts/s Network interface: wlan0 (iwlwifi)
> 0 mW 100.0% Radio device: btusb
> 0 mW 100.0% Radio device: iwlwifi
Hm. I don't think 3 Watts for a virtual device that does not exist at all in
hardware is a trustworthy value. Especially if you have a usage of 0 pkts/s. It
could be that PowerTop thinks that it is a real Ethernet device, and just uses
a default power consumption for it. Note that real Ethernet devices use quite a
lot of power even when they are not sending actual data.
--
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>
signature.asc
Description: Digital signature
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
