Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> writes: > On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 03:35:01PM -0700, Nikolaus Rath wrote: > >> > Did you restart the tincd on the gateway after you added that Subnet? It >> > should >> > work otherwise. >> >> Duh. No, I didn't. I didn't even add the extra subnet on the >> gateway. Now that I've done that, it seems to work. Thanks! >> >> >> I'm still confused why this is necessary though. Why isn't it enough to >> define the subnet in the local tinc's configuration? At the moment it >> seems that even for the local tinc instance, the subnet specification on >> the remote server takes precedence. That's a bit counterintuitive - then >> why am I specifying the subnets for every node on every node in the >> first place? > > Assuming you don't use TunnelServer or StrictSubnets, you don't have to. You > only have to specify the Subnet a host uses on that host itself. It announces > those Subnets to all the other nodes via the meta protocol. It ignores Subnets > from all host config files but its own. Also, even if you could specify > Subnets > for another node locally, that wouldn't help; as soon as those packets reach > that other node, that node doesn't know what to do with them (well, unless you > use Forwarding = kernel).
Ah, I get it. I was assuming it'd be the other way around. But now that I now it, it does make sense. Thanks! -Nikolaus -- »Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.« PGP fingerprint: 5B93 61F8 4EA2 E279 ABF6 02CF A9AD B7F8 AE4E 425C _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
