I'm testing it and I have obtained 11Mbps of maximun throughput. Would it be optimal throughput for this device or I could get more throughput if I change any parametter in the configuration of Tinc?
Best regards, Ramses >-----Mensaje original----- >De: tinc [mailto:[email protected]] En nombre de ???????l?l?z????? >Enviado el: miércoles, 09 de octubre de 2013 22:13 >Para: [email protected] >Asunto: Re: Tinc Server and Raspberry PI (Rev. B). > >Real world usage over an extended period of time... The thing is my primary >internet gateway over some rather 'unique' medium and conditions. > >Which displays all the metrics on a dedicated display panel (of many at my >station) ... Along with a rather over-engineered logging system I built for my >unique situation. I'm a bit ocd when it comes to figures and metrics when its >between me and what I'm doing across it. > >On 09/10/13 20:54, Ramses wrote: >> With what tool have you proved the throughput? >> >> I am proving It with iperf and top. >> >> >> Best regards, >> >> Ramses >> >> Enviado desde mi Móvil >> >> El 09/10/2013, a las 10:13, ܔܢܜܔηιηℓιℓιzιܔܢܜܔ ><[email protected]> escribió: >> >>> I'm running TINC on a Pi. >>> >>> You can take avantage of the crypto acceleration on the arm soc. >>> 128-aes-cbc gets the best throughput. >>> You can push about 16mbps before you have to start worrying about cpu >>> utlization. >>> >>> If your at the point of pegging the cpu, then the obvious usb packet >>> dropping issues and related SDCard r/w failures that are causes by >>> heavy usb utilization could become an issue if you have a lot of >>> stuff on the same pi. >>> >>> Been running 3 tinc instances and 4 usbserial convertors on the same >>> pi for about 2 years. >>> >>> >>> On 09/10/13 08:55, Ramses II wrote: >>>> Hi everybody and sorry by the insistence. >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Nobody has working Tinc Server over a Raspberry in an environment in >>>> production? >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Best regards and sorry again, >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Ramses >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> *De:*Ramses II [mailto:[email protected]] *Enviado el:* >>>> martes, 08 de octubre de 2013 17:59 >>>> *Para:* [email protected] >>>> *Asunto:* Tinc Server and Raspberry PI (Rev. B). >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Dear gentlemen, >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> I need configure a VPN between two sites. >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> I am thinking in build the VPN with Tinc Server and two Raspberry PI. >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Has anyone mounted a similar scenary with Raspberry? >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Can anyone tell me if the Raspberry device will work well in this scenary? >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Does anyone have it working? >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Do you know if this device will be stable? >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Best regards, >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Ramses >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> _______________________________________________ >>>> tinc mailing list >>>> [email protected] >>>> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc >>> >>> -- >>> Regards, >>> /Nin lil'izi/ >>> >>> Tel: +44-871-218-2066 >>> GPG Fingerprint: C510 909B 811E D6F5 0DFF 5D91 CF03 8FEA FD69 4622 >>> _______________________________________________ >>> tinc mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc >> _______________________________________________ >> tinc mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc >> > >-- >Regards, >/Nin lil'izi/ > >Tel: +44-871-218-2066 >GPG Fingerprint: C510 909B 811E D6F5 0DFF 5D91 CF03 8FEA FD69 4622 >_______________________________________________ >tinc mailing list >[email protected] >http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
