On 3/11/2014 2:43 PM, Guus Sliepen wrote:
On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 01:16:19PM -0600, Lance Fredrickson wrote:

Yes, this was my problem. All my nodes including my single windows node
were all running 1.1pre10. In this scenario my windows node would not
connect to any linux nodes.

When reverting all linux nodes and the windows node back to 1.1pre9, then
there is no issue, all while using the  identical config files.
What errors did tinc log when the Windows node failed to connect?

I did some tests myself and found a problem that might or might not be what you
experienced, and that is that there have been some changes in recent versions
of the OpenSSL library that cause public ECDSA keys to be written slightly
different than with older versions. This is a big problem of course, so I will
likely switch to Ed25519 keys, and have an embedded copy of the reference
implementation of the Ed25519 and Curve25519 code from Dan J. Bernstein
(similar to what OpenSSH does).

I started a separate email thread describing the issue, but it must have been passed over, or I sent it wrong. For brevity here's a link I googled of the email.
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.network.tinc.user/2171

-Lance
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to