On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Julien Muchembled <[email protected]> wrote: > Le 04/06/14 16:44, Guus Sliepen a écrit : >> I'm afraid I don't get any errors with your script, even after running it >> many >> times. That doesn't mean I don't believe there is a bug, it's just hard to >> find... There will be some substantial changes to the new protocol anyway, I >> hope they will fix this issue. > > :( > > I tried to bisect. Last good revision is >> e42bd60 Fix typos in the documentation. > And I get errors with >> c1703ea Remove an unused variable.
Sorry to chime in the middle. Maybe a clue. This sounds like something is writing beyond bounds in the stack. Removing an unused variable on the stack would change the part of the stack that is "safe" to overwrite to. Maybe Guus and Julien are not testing on the same architecture and thus the stack doesn't grow the same way and doesn't show the same symptoms. I had the same issue when coding with a friend that was using a PPC mac a few years ago. Something that was a crashing for me was only a memory corruption for him or vice versa. Looking at the code I see: fd = accept(sock, &sa.sa, &len); where len is actually sizeof(sa) and not sizeof(sa.sa). Is that correct? Then again maybe it has nothing to do with this. Running under valgrind might help. Pedro _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
