On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 01:58:27PM -0400, Aaron Anderson wrote:

> I'm looking for some examples for a tinc.conf, tinc-up and tinc-down
> files. I've tried to use
> http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Setup_a_VPN_with_tinc as an example
> but the bridge commands don't jive with the Debian install I'm using.
> 
> Any help is appreciated.

http://tinc-vpn.org/examples/bridging/ has a distribution-agnostic example of
how to set up bridging. If you want a more Debian-like way to set up bridging,
then as Donald Pearson already said, install bridge-utils, and read the
bridge-utils-interfaces manpage. You can also set up the tinc interface from
/etc/network/interfaces, see /usr/share/doc/tinc/README.Debian. A possible
setup would look like this:

auto br0 vpn

iface br0 inet static
        address ...
        netmask ...
        gateway ...
        bridge-ports eth0

iface vpn inet manual
        tinc-net vpn
        post-up brctl addif br0 eth0

Note that you don't need a tinc-up script and want to keep /etc/tinc/nets.boot
empty in this setup.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to