I may have discovered the issue. But to understand what it has done, I may need
some help to deeper understand the structure of OpenERP.

When I save a new field within res.partners.contacts, which is a selection
field and I have left the selection with the values "[]", it shows an error
that I have shown, which is fine. However when I close the object screen and re
open, then attempt either the same (which is not a good idea, as the system
seems to save it anyway), or create a new one. It shows the same screen, even
after editing the field within the object and add a list for the selection.

I understand from the community, that development on this system now seems to
be better via developing via the code. But I am not good enough to develop via
this method and since seeing examples like "school in x minutes" I took this
that I could do customisation via being in the screen and edit the view or
object via the "customisation" menu option bottom left.

So I can recreate this on the object un changed, by saving a new selection
field within anything in the selection values entry.

I eventually updated from 5.0.6 to 5.0.12. However other than downloading
server and webserver client, running the setup.py, once finished re starting
the server. Which may be wrong. I have no idea what to do?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks
Dave

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60141#60141