Any one got any ideas where else the inbuilt customisation would create the
field and its properties other than the DB?

Is it worth moving this to the development area?

Thanks

[quote="mrmango"]Ok,

Further investigation in file
usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/openerp-server/addons/base/ir/ir_model.py, not
quite sure what line. But under:

It shows the default values for a selection field under 'selection' near the
bottom  is []. This creates the error, as its an empty list which other parts
of the code is wrong. Either this file is changed to have a default value in
the list or... perhaps the code that checks for selection fields ignores [] ??
I am no developer but it seems adding a default value like
[('yourvalue','youvalue')] in the above file would be easier. Quick "hack" fix,
but would work. Does not resolve my issue as I have already saved the object.

When I create a new field in my object, does it go in a file like this? If so
where?

Thanks
Dave[/code][/quote]

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60644#60644