I can confirm, that on a new database creating a selection field without any
values, creates the original error. Now being that it does look like it is
error on no values on a selection field. I go back to the object, add value in
the selection and save. I then create a new field, it creates the same error!

I am quite sure now there is a bug when not entering a list of values for a
selection field via editing the object never lets you create any new fields
without erroring.

When a new field is created this way via the interface. Can someone tell me
where this is saved. I know there is a table something like ir.object.fields.
That has the field definitions. But is there any where else? Maybe in the
files? If so where?

Thanks

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60188#60188