(Sorry, forgot to click on reply all!)

Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] Serial Forwarder Problem
From:    José L. Ponce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:    Thu, August 24, 2006 7:06 pm
To:      "Shane B. Eisenman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> [...]
> however, the simpler approach (though less transparent) is to define a
mapping of moteID to SF exported TCP port in a file on your PC, and use
a script to scroll through that file and launch N sessions of SF. I've
done this for a testbed of 35 mica2/MIBs i've used at Columbia and it is
convenient for me. I've used an easy-to-remember mapping (e.g., moteID 1
is mounted on the MIB600 whose associated SF instance exports port 9001,
etc.) so that i don't have to ever look at that mapping file.
> [...]

Shane,

I think this approach is the logical and simpler solution to this issue.
However, my problem is that I am using USB: My motes are connected to a
number of USB Hubs which are connected to the computer (A Laptop). Every
time I connect the computer to this testbed, the USB port number of a
given mote is different.

Now that I think about it, I guess I could use the mote identifier that
appears when calling motelist and build a table according to that...

Any suggestions regarding a scripting language? (I haven't really made
many scripts, I just modify them :))

Second question: Suppose I have two motes and two instances of
SerialForwarder running, one for each mote. If I have a program which
wants to communicate with one of the motes, how does the program know
which of the SerialForwarders to use? For the case of a single
SerialForwarder, I have always done:

      mote_if = new MoteIF((Messenger)null);
      mote_if.registerListener(new MsgType(), this);

      mote_if.start();

      mote_if.send(mote_id, message);

But I'd guess that if I have multiple instances of SerialFowarder it
should be done in some other way.

- Jose.