I guess it's time to go to the source code...

I don't know the correct usage for destpan, so it might be that it
needs to be the moteID as well. A quick search for the two fields
in the tmote radio source should be telling.

MS

Pablo Gil Montaño wrote:
OK, the bytes I show are already sorted (I mean, I've switched the bytes because I knew that the lower byte of a unit16_t was sent first). According to what you say (PAN in bit 5 & 6), I'm sending a packet to PAN 0xFFFF and address 0x0001. The problem is that all the motes receive this packet (not only the one with id=0x0001). I can filter the packets in the event ReceiveMsg.receive(), but I just thought that this was unnecessary since the provider of ReceiveMsg should do it. I'm using tmotes. Does anyone knows wheter the provider of ReceiveMsg (which is GenericComm in my wiring) should actually filter the packets?

*/Michael Schippling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* escribió:

    FWIW using mica2,z all I need to do to direct a message from the pc
    side to a specific mote is to set the TOS_Msg.addr field to the moteID.
    With the mica's at least, TOSBase just passes this message directly
    to the air and the receivers filter out what's not addressed to them.
    One little caviet however, the standard TOSBase translates message
    structs between mica2 (types/AM.h) and micaz (platforms/micaz/AM.h)
    formats and thus may-or-may-not fill in destpan.

    Using the send() interface should set the destination addrs correctly
    on whichever platform format. Both destpan and addr are defined as
    uint16's which will be two bytes long, and in a byte array the low byte
    will come first. What you show is 4 bytes and bigendian so you may be
    looking at the wrong fields. Aside from 7E sync bytes the destpan
    should be bytes 5 & 6 in the message stream.

    MS