I use the TinyOS plugin for Eclipse on Ubuntu and it works fine. I only use
this pluging for syntax coloring; when i want to compile the program i use a
terminal windows and a makefile (for example "make mica2 install,0").

When i started using this plugin i had a problem because i couldn't save my
work; the problem was solved desactivating "Build automatically" on
"Project" menu.

Jose