On Aug 23, 2007, at 10:46 AM, Christian Hermann wrote:

Hallo,
I'm using dissemination to send commands to the nodes
and LQI collection to collect the data. All works fine without LPL
(beside the fact that dissemination is a lot slower than collection
with increasing node depth). But if I set LPL duty cycle to 1000
for example, commands need very long (several seconds) to reach its
destination or even get lost completely quite often. Collection becomes
a little slower, but still delivers data reliably with around 100ms
total delivery time at node depth 2 or 3.
(PS: I also activated PACKET_LINK layer)

Does anyone know about issues with dissemination vs. LPL?

The TinyOS dissemination layer is inherently slower than collection, as it provides reliability and minimizes transmissions on top of local broadcasts using network trickles[1].

Phil

[1] Philip Levis, Neil Patel, David Culler, and Scott Shenker. "Trickle: An Algorithm for Code Propagation and Maintenance in Wireless Sensor Networks." NSDI 2004.