My apologies for removing the traceback.
The error was:

bash: serial@/dev/ttyUSB0:micaz: No such file or directory

I am quite sure that the base-station was attached to USB0 (by the way, I'm
using a USB to Serial cable), since,
that is the only one I have been able to use for the motes, and I have checked
/dev/ to confirm that...
Now I'm wondering if something is wrong with my computer itself...if that is
the case, then it may be
easy to solve the problem I guess though I won't be able to test this out on
another machine until tomorrow

Leena Kowser Ganguli