>> should be between 0 and -95.

Please take this in context -- it is very rough limit guidelines to
see if a dBm ``looks valid''.
It is not a replacement for empirically collected results.

As stated at 1mW max power, and no gain, by definition, dBm can be no
more than 0.
>From the TelosB data-sheet, the receiver sensistivty is -90dBm (min)
to -94dBm (typical).
Therefore, anything outside of 0 to -95 (you may have a
super-sensitive receiver) is not a realistic RSSI reading (for the
TelosB, a "typical mote"? platform)

>> The actual range you will see for dBm values will be smaller and tend
>> towards the middle/lower side of the range.

The statement that "tend towards the middle/lower side" however, is
really context sensitive and comes from my unofficial observations
from playing with motes in -my configuration-.
Even using a really simplified model, both the TX power and distance
must be taken into account.
Place two TelosB motes on top of each other with good antenna
alignment and max power (1mW) output and call be a liar if you want.

Please note that RSSI, as read raw, is most likely not in dBm and will
have a different scale and range.

Paul